No products in the cart.
Ever wonder about the thought process and actual science behind Pump Igniter? In this article, I will give you the background story on the formulation of Top Secret Nutrition’s Pump Igniter Black Pre-workout. We designed Pump Igniter Black with one basic goal in mind: To accelerate your performance in the gym! To accomplish this goal, we knew it was important to improve aspects of both the MIND and the BODY.
MIND: Understanding that each individual person is unique, we set out to improve focus, mood, reduce anxiety, and create a dialed in, calm, determined mindset so you can perform at your best. The combination of taurine, agmatine, choline bitartrate and just the right amount of caffeine accomplishes this nicely.
BODY: Our objective here was to increase energy, and endurance, but also dramatically increase blood flow to your muscles, both intracellular and extracellular. Additionally, we wanted to boost muscle contractile force. There is no better feeling than contracting your pumped up muscles to the point where it literally feels like your skin will tear. We accomplished this by combining, l-citrulline, agmatine, beta-alanine, betaine, taurine, and just the right amount of caffeine.
Pump Igniter Black’s Rock Solid Foundation
L-Citrulline is an amino acid that is a pre-cursor to l-arginine. It also is a byproduct of endothelial nitric oxide production. L-citrulline is converted into l-arginine creating more blood level l-arginine to be used to create nitric oxide. Research suggests that oral supplementation of l-citrulline is not metabolized in the intestine or liver and is thus a good supplement to support increased nitric oxide levels.
Beta-alanine is an amino acid that promotes more muscular energy. A study published in a 2010 issue of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise concluded that supplementation with beta-alanine increases muscle’s carnosine content and, therefore, total muscle buffer capacity, with the potential to improve physical performance during high-intensity exercise and to delay the onset of neuromuscular fatigue
Betaine Anhydrous is a natural nutrient that promotes hydration and performance, especially related to physical activity. Betaine is derived from the molasses of sugar beets. Also known as trimethylglycine or TMG, betaine is found in many healthful foods, such as whole grains, spinach and beets. Recently, betaine has been the subject of a range of studies indicating health and performance benefits. These human trials demonstrate a significant improvement in physical performance, especially in strength, power and endurance.
HydroMax™ is the industry’s first stable, highly concentrated form of powdered glycerol. Glycerol when ingested creates an expansion of fluid volume in tissues called hyperhydration. This is what is responsible for the engorged appearance experienced by many taking HydroMax™.
Additionally, research suggests that glycerol:
- Has been shown to decrease core body temperature and heart rate in exercising individuals.
- May delay the need for hydration.
- Enhances performance in environmental heat and humidity.
- Improves efficiency in exercise, thermoregulation and decreased physiological stress
Agmapure® (agmatine sulfate) is derived from the amino acid L-Arginine. It is a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator. It also has a pronounced effect on exercised muscles giving them an engorged-pump look. This pump effect is thought to be the result of two pathways: 1) improved nutrient partitioning leading to more glycogen storage and increased water retention within the muscle, and 2) increases in nitric oxide. AGMAPURE® is produced by a natural biological process and it contains no putrescine related impurity.
L-Taurine is a non-essential, sulfur-containing amino acid that plays a role in several metabolic processes, such as heart contraction and antioxidant activity. It is essential for both cardiovascular function and development and function of skeletal muscle. In an exercise study conducted with eleven men ages 18-20, it was found that supplementation with L-Taurine significantly increases in VO2 max, exercise time to exhaustion, and maximal workload occurred. The results suggest that L-Taurine may protect against exercise-induced DNA damage and enhance the capacity of exercise due to its cellular protective properties.
Choline bitartrate is a water-soluble B vitamin that is a precursor to acetylcholine, one of the crucial brain chemicals. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter used throughout the body; it controls muscle contraction and determines your brain speed. Reductions in plasma choline associated with strenuous exercise may reduce acetylcholine release, and could thereby affect performance and mood. Research suggests that choline levels drop during exercise, and supplementing choline prior to exercise can enhance pre-workout vigor and reduce post-workout fatigue.
In summary, Pump Igniter Black is a true one-of-a-kind pre-workout supplement with properly dosed, clinically studied ingredients in a non-proprietary blend. The science behind Pump Igniter Black is solid and this pre-workout will SWOLE you up for an incredible workout!
Give it a try and let us know how you like it. Contact me by email at Tom@topecretnutrition.com if you have any questions or comments.
- Citrulline stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the post-absorptive state in healthy people fed a low-protein diet – A pilot study. Clin Nutr. 2014 May 4. pii: S0261-5614(14)00127-7. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2014.04.019. [Epub ahead of print]
- Effect of betaine supplementation on cycling sprint performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2012, 9:12 doi:10.1186/1550-2783-9-12
- Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2012, 9:55 doi:10.1186/1550-2783-9-55
- Exploring the potential ergogenic effects of glycerol hyperhydration. Sports Med. 2007;37(11):981-1000.
- Effects of glycerol-induced hyperhydration prior to exercise in the heat on sweating and core temperature. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1990 Aug;22(4):477-83.
- Sustained hyperhydration with glycerol ingestion. Life Sci. 1995;57(7):645-53.
- Pre-exercise glycerol hydration improves cycling endurance time. Int J Sports Med. 1996 Jan;17(1):27-33.
- Receptor-mediated activation of nitric oxide synthesis by arginine in endothelial cells . Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (2007)
- Role of taurine supplementation to prevent exercise-induced oxidative stress in healthy young men. Amino Acids. 2004 Mar;26(2):203-7. Epub 2003 May 9.